In This Edition:
- Tanzania – People & Language
- Top 10 Reason For Visiting Tanzania – Reason # 5
- Kikoti Camp In Tarangire National Park
- Zanzibar Serena Inn in Stone Town, Zanzibar – Unguja Island
- Tanzania Safari & Culture Video Guide
- African Safari Program Prices & Proposal
- Indian Ocean Beach & Cultural Program Prices & Proposals
- 2009 & 2010 Safari Discount Specials Update
- Another Perfect AfricanMecca Customer Experience
- Newsletter Notes
Tanzania Country Guide
In Tanzania, a land of superb landscapes and spectacular wildlife, another attraction stands equally tall: the people. Tanzania’s people are among the most welcoming and approachable on earth, with a range of fascinating cultures ready to be shared with visitors. From the Chagga of the slopes of Kilimanjaro to the now world-famous Maasai, a cultural excursion or a longer stay among local people is likely to become one of the most rewarding experiences of any holiday in Tanzania. In addition, many local areas run their own cultural programs for visitors, bringing income directly to the community and giving the people the chance to show their lifestyle to the outside world on their own terms. Cultural tourism programs are beneficial to everyone: the visiting guests get a unique and unforgettable experience, the local people generate income and improve their standard of living, and both parties gain a valuable understanding of another culture which will last long after the visitors have returned home.
Click here for a complete guide to Tanzania
Tanzania Travel Guide
Number 5 – Eco-Tourism Experience: More increasingly our guests are asking us for a true genuine African experience vacation. An African experience that is run by indigenous people of Africa in a environment where your stay is at accommodations built by indigenous people of Africa, and where the revenue from your spending actually and directly assists the indigenous population be self sufficient and self reliant. Apart from visiting the Maasai homesteads, take for example the experience at Chumbe Island where the accommodation has been designed in natural material. Food served comes from the freshest produces. While guests staying there have the opportunity to enjoy the offerings such as snorkeling and also learning about the lodge’s effort in preserving and sustaining the islands ecosystem and its inhabitants.
Click here to review all Top 10 Reasons For Visiting Tanzania
Tanzania Safari Accommodation Guide
Kikoti is a Maa (language of the Maasai) word for “the place where life began”, the name bestowed by the local Maasai upon an ancient pre-Jurassic kopje in the Tarangire ecosystem in recognition of its enduring permanence and dominant status in the surrounding ecosystem. When owners of Kikoti Camp began working with local communities in the Tarangire Conservation Area, it seemed like the perfect name for the safari camp, showing respect for the Maasai community that have roamed the area for generations, and the owners reverence for the game-rich wilderness in which the camp is located.
Click here for complete information on Kikoti Camp & complete guide to Tarangire
Indian Ocean Cultural Beach Accommodation Guide
Idyllically situated on the sea front of ancient Stone Town, washed by the aquamarine waters of the Zanzibar channel, redolent of the scent of cloves and flanked by an exotic melange of sultan’s palaces, Portuguese forts, ancient dhow harbors, dark slave markets, and bright bazaars, the Zanzibar Serena Inn is a haven of tranquility and opulence amongst the bustle of Zanzibar. Faithfully restored and lavishly embellished with a jackdaw collection of antique clocks, crystal chandeliers, fretwork screens, carved staircases, Persian rugs and brass-studded doors, the interior design concept is a fusion of authenticity and opulence that reflects the very essence of Zanzibar
Click here for complete details on Zanzibar Serena Inn & complete guide to Zanzibar
Maasai Cultural & Tribal Dance
1. Authentic Maasai Entertainment At Kikoti Camp – Click Here To Watch Video I
2. Authentic Maasai Entertainment At Kikoti Camp – Click Here To Watch Video II
3. Authentic Maasai Entertainment At Kikoti Camp – Click Here To Watch Video III
Wildlife Diversity & Safari Experience At Tarangire
1. Tarangire National Park Birds – Click Here To Watch Video
2. Tarangire National Park Eagle – Click Here To Watch Video
3. Tarangire National Park Steinbok – Click Here To Watch Video
4. Tarangire National Park Scenic Views – Click Here To Watch Video I
5. Tarangire National Park Scenic Views – Click Here To Watch Video II
6. Tarangire National Park Wildlife – Click Here To Watch Video I
7. Tarangire National Park Wildlife – Click Here To Watch Video II
Click here for a complete video guide to Tanzania
Recommended African Safari Program – TIER 2 SAFARI
* 6 Days – Classic Tanzania Safari II (Includes Tarangire): From US $2190 or GBP 1623 per person sharing. Programs Inclusions: accommodation, meals, drinks, road and local air transfers, conservancy and park fees, game activities and all taxes. Click here for a complete itinerary. Tailor-make safari is available on request.
Click here to review other Tanzania recommended safari programs.
Recommended Indian Ocean Beach Program From Heathrow – 15 May Departures
* 14 nights Bluebay Beach Resort in Zanzibar. £1395 per person including international flights from London Heathrow or tailor-make overnight price from US $90 or GBP 67 per person per night.
* 7 nights Pinewood Village in Mombasa Kenya. £866 per person including international flights from London Heathrow or tailor-make overnight price from US $90 or GBP 67 per person per night. 2009 Mombasa departures available with more specials. Click here
* Highlights Of Pinewood Village Beach & Kilimanjaro Tsavo Safari – 10 Nights Beach & 4 Nights Safari. US $1962 or £1401 per person – excludes international flights.
The above programs can be tailor-made for our guests from North America, UK and other worldwide regions. Click here for prices for Indian Ocean Beach Holidays to Mombasa, Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam, Bagamoyo etc.
Bush & Beach Safari – Combine with Mombasa Beach Holidays. Click here for prices and safari programs
GREAT NEWS – NEW DISCOUNTS ON SAFARIS FOR 2009 & 2010!
There are several discounts that are available to our clients on some of our safaris. Some as high as 25-50% off the overnight room rates at superb wildlife camps to free local flights between safari parks for select participating safari accommodations. As our rates for 2009 have already been published and distributed to our agents and clients, we would recommend to any client or travel agent to inquiry about on our specific itineraries they like and will reply back with the most updated discount available to us. All discounts are passed on to our client. If you have certain budget constraints, we will be happy to recommend the appropriate itinerary and program for your budget.
Another Perfect AfricanMecca Customer Experience
Hi, I thought I would drop you a quick email to let you know how much Luc & I enjoyed our trip to Tanzania. The Kili trek was awesome & we were supported by a great team of guides & porters. I very much doubt either of us would have made the summit without the help & encouragement of Augustine & William. The safari was amazing too. All 3 lodges were excellent & our guide Babu ensured we enjoyed great game viewing. Thank you for organising the trip for us. Please pass on our thanks to everyone concerned. Luc has already passed your details onto a colleague of his who I understand is also booking a trip. We would be happy to recommend your company to anyone else considering a trip to Africa.
Click Here To View More AfricanMecca Safari, Tours & Beach Vacation Customer Testimonials
Archive: Click here for previous AfricanMecca Newsletters.
Sharing: If you would like to share our newsletter with a family member or friend, you can forward it on!
Provide Feedback: We would love to know what you think of our newsletters or our web site, and how we can improve it. Click here to provide feedback.
Contribute Your Africa Travel Story/Experience & Photos: If you would like us to feature your East Africa travel experience and photos, please email it to us. Please indicate “NEWSLETTER CONTRIBUTE” as subject so we can track your submission.
Subscribe: Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.